Thursday, August 5, 2010

my first visit to Agra

I remember the first time i went to Agra to see Taj Mahal was when i was around 13 years old.We all the cousins went togher with our grand parents and one of my uncle.i had read so much about it but never expected it to be so perfect.
Seeing the Taj for the first time was amazing. There was this long walkway from the entrance to the actual structure where me and my cousins clicked a lot of pictures.We got a guide there only and then we went towards the main structure.Taj was magnificent Everything was so symmetrical and so perfectly made.All in white...I felt as if i went into a fairytale land.

Then we went inside,where we saw the marble tombs of Mumtaz and Shah Jahan.
All of us where so excited to see it.Our guide told us that these are fake tombs, and the real ones are underneath. The inside of the Taj was a bit dark though. But the walls inside were also beautifully carved, and intricate detailed. The inside of the Taj is actually smaller than I had thought, the building looked much more bigger from outside. 

It was a wonderful experience.I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment